Sunday, May 17, 2009

Very Sad Story For Tevez... :( Please Stay



Carlos Tevez has said he knows he will leave Manchester United at the end of the season and feels he has been treated badly.

The Argentine is reaching the end of a two-year lease from his rights-holders MSI, and is upset that the club have not acted more decisively to secure his services permanently.

Tevez appeared to wave goodbye to the Old Trafford crowd when he was substituted during Saturday's 0-0 draw against Arsenal, which clinched the Premier League title for United.

Fans booed Tevez's removal from the action, and after the game a noisy protest took place outside the ground calling for United to keep the 25-year-old.

Tevez told Argentinian TV station TYC: "I know that I am not going to continue at Manchester United. I feel that they have lacked respect towards me. It's not about whether they pay £5 million more or £5m less, but I feel I have been badly treated."

"There are ways in which the club is managed that I don't understand. When you don't agree with the manager in how the club is run... I don't have faith in a lot of things that happen here.

"I've been here for two years and the directors have never come to speak to me. Not once have I had a meeting with them.

"Therefore, it's best that I leave the club so as not to clash with Alex Ferguson and the directors. Neither do I understand why I don't play in the team.

"I've asked (adviser) Kia (Joorabchian) not to speak to me about offers during the next 10 days. I want to concentrate only on the final matches that we have to play. Afterwards, I've got a month to take a decision and choose where to go."

However, United chief executive David Gill said he and manager Alex Ferguson wanted Tevez to stay.

He told the BBC that he had met MSI chief Joorabchian in midweek and wanted to strike a deal "if the economic conditions are right". Gill also confirmed that United would have to pay around £25 million for him.

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails